Proudly serving Gunnison and Hinsdale counties
Sam Pankratz – Forester
PO Box 1390
Mountain Meadows Research Center
106 Maintenance Drive
Gunnison, CO 81230
FAX (970) 641-0653
News & Resources
- 2017 Seedling Order Form (900 KB PDF)
2017 Seedling Catalog (1 MB PDF)
To be placed on our mailing list, please email us at CSFS_Gunnison@mail.colostate.edu.
- Hinsdale County Deputy Emergency Manager Receives CSFS Award (300 KB PDF)
- Douglas-fir Beetle Quick Guide (600 KB PDF)
- Salida District Update (5 MB PDF)
- 2015 Report on the Health of Colorado’s Forests (3 MB PDF)
- Natural Resources Grants & Assistance Database
- Upper Gunnison Basin Map
The Gunnison Field Office is part of the Salida District of the Colorado State Forest Service (CSFS), and is one of 19 district and field offices located throughout Colorado. We are a service and outreach agency of the Warner College of Natural Resources at Colorado State University (CSU). The CSFS headquarters is located on the CSU Foothills Campus in Fort Collins.
Our mission is to achieve stewardship of Colorado’s diverse forest environments for the benefit of present and future generations.
The Colorado State Forest Service offers technical assistance and information to private landowners and homeowners interested in becoming good stewards of the natural resources on their land. We do not manage campgrounds, have jurisdiction over public lands or sell recreational licenses.