Colorado State Forest
The Colorado State Forest (CSF) is a unique state trust property located in northern Colorado where forestry, grazing, recreation and wildlife coexist on a working landscape.
The Colorado State Forest and its field office are part of the Steamboat Springs District of the Colorado State Forest Service (CSFS), and is one of 19 district and field offices located throughout Colorado. We are a service and outreach agency of the Warner College of Natural Resources at Colorado State University (CSU). Our headquarters is located on the CSU Foothills Campus in Fort Collins.
Our mission is to achieve stewardship of Colorado's diverse forest environments for the benefit of present and future generations.
About the Colorado State Forest
- Description Maps
- Integrated Management (Partnerships)
- History of the Colorado State Forest
- Firewood Cutting Availability Status - The 2013 firewood area closed effective November 5.
- Frequently Asked Questions
- SNOTEL Snowfall Reports by NRCS
- Colorado State Forest Links
- Employment & Volunteer Opportunities