The act of planting a tree benefits current and future generations.
Trees are invaluable for the many direct and indirect benefits we derive from them. They provide food and shelter for wildlife, protect snow pack and watersheds, and help purify our lakes and streams.
They hold soil in place to prevent erosion, protect livestock from inclement weather, and as living snow fences, keep critical roadways passable.
Trees can reduce energy consumption by deflecting cold winter winds and providing shade on summer days. Their natural forms and colors can turn drab vistas into beautiful landscapes.
- Colorado's Major Tree Species
- Planting Trees for Conservation
- Selecting, Planting & Caring for Trees
- What is a Tree? How Does it Work?
- What is Wrong with my Tree?