Woodland Park District
Homeowners, landowners and communities bear the ultimate responsibility to help protect themselves, their property and their local values at risk from the threat of wildland fire.
Protect your Home, Property and Forest from Wildfire
The Woodland Park District works with county planners to mitigate wildfire hazards and is an active participant in the Pikes Peak Wildfire Prevention Partners.
Homeowners can take a number of steps to protect their property and help alleviate the spread of wildland fires. Preventive measures include clearing excess fuel, creating defensible space around homes and using Firewise practices. Many Coloradans living in the foothills in ponderosa and lodgepole forests need to consider the fire-prone nature of these ecosystems.
Wildfire hazards exist on most forested home sites; however, many hazards can be reduced to acceptable levels. A forester can assist you in determining these hazards around your home and on your forested property. Such visits are by appointment only, and have an associated service fee. To schedule an appointment, please call the Woodland Park District at (719) 687-2921.
Additional Wildfire Mitigation Resources
Post-Fire Rehabilitation & Vegetative Recovery
For information and publications, visit the CSFS Post-Fire Rehabilitation web page.
Community Wildfire Protection Plans – El Paso, Park & Teller Counties
For more information about developing Community Wildfire Protection Plans (CWPPs), visit the CSFS Community Wildfire Protection Plans web page.
El Paso County
- El Paso County CWPP (2011) (1.2 MB PDF)
- Black Forest CWPP (2007) (464 KB PDF)
- Carroll Lakes CWPP (2007) (1.3 MB PDF)
- City of Colorado Springs CWPP (2011) (4.2 MB PDF)
- Crystal Park CWPP (2006) (445 KB PDF)
- Donald Wescott Fire Protection District CWPP (2011) (4.0 MB PDF)
- Palmer Lake CWPP (2008) (5.8 MB PDF)
- Southwestern Highway 115 Fire Protection District CWPP (2007) (7.8 MB PDF)
- Ute Pass CWPP (2007) (9.3 MB PDF)
- Wissler Ranch CWPP (2010) (6.1 MB PDF)
- Woodmoor CWPP (2006) (4.2 MB PDF)
- Park County CWPP (2007) (3.8 MB PDF)
- Harris Park Fire Protection District CWPP (2005) (7.5 MB PDF)
- Indian Mountain CWPP (2011) (1.8 MB PDF)
- Northwest Fire Protection District CWPP (2010) (3.4 MB PDF)
- Red Hill Forest CWPP (2009) (1.2 MB PDF)
- Teller County CWPP (2005) (4.3 MB PDF)
- Colorado Mountain Estates CWPP (2007) (1.2 MB PDF)
- Colorado Outdoor Education Center CWPP (2009) (2.0 MB PDF); Update (2011) (2.0 MB PDF)
- Elk Valley Estates CWPP (rev. 2011) (2 MB PDF)
- Indian Creek CWPP (2011) (2.7 MB PDF)
- Lone Ranger Road Users CWPP (rev.2011) (2.4 MB PDF)
- Lost Dutchman Resort CWPP (2011) (3.4 MB PDF)
- Majestic Park CWPP (2007) (375 KB PDF)
- Ridgewood Subdivision CWPP (rev. 2011) (2.8 MB PDF)
- Ute Lakes Fishing and Recreation Club CWPP (2011) (2.7 MB PDF)
- Woodland Park Healthy Forest Initiative CWPP (2010) (11.1 MB PDF)
- Woodrock Property Owners' Association CWPP (2009) (6.3 MB PDF)