Why Plant Trees?
Trees benefit our landscapes by protecting property from wind, reducing soil erosion, improving wildlife habitat and reducing cooling and heating costs.
Planting Seedling Trees Offers Diverse Benefits That May Include:
- Protecting property and livestock from wind
- Reducing soil erosion and improving crop yields
- Providing food and cover for wildlife
- Increasing property values
- Increasing or restoring forest health
- Reducing water evaporation, preserving winter moisture, and protecting and improving water quality
- Controlling snow drifts near roads
- Reducing atmospheric carbon dioxide
- Reducing heating and cooling costs
- Protecting livestock from the elements
- Restoring or enhancing natural beauty
- Increasing supplies of renewable wood resources
The only requirement to purchase seedlings and other plant materials from the CSFS Nursery is that they are used solely for conservation purposes.