Alamosa Field Office
Proudly serving the San Luis Valley, including Alamosa, Chaffee, Conejos, Costilla, Mineral, Rio Grande and Saguache counties
The Alamosa Field Office of the Colorado State Forest Service (CSFS) is one of 18 field offices in Colorado. We are a service and outreach agency of the Warner College of Natural Resources at Colorado State University (CSU). The CSFS headquarters is on the CSU Foothills Campus in Fort Collins.
Our mission is to achieve stewardship of Colorado’s diverse forest environments for the benefit of present and future generations.
Our Programs Include:
- Insect and disease diagnosis
- Defensible space
- Seedling trees
- Forest stewardship and landowner assistance
- Community forestry
- Conservation education
- Wildfire mitigation
- State trust land forest management
Post-Fire Rehabilitation Information
Adam Moore – Supervisory Forester of Communication & Communities
Sam Scavo – Forester
129 Santa Fe Avenue
Alamosa, CO 81101
Directions to our office
P.O. Box 1137
Alamosa, CO 81101-1137
(719) 587-0915, (719) 587-0917
FAX (719) 587-0916
- Tree Watering Necessary During Drought Conditions – June 22
- Baca Grande POA Receives Grant to Prepare for Wildfires (250 KB PDF) – June 8, 2020
- Baca Grande POA Earns National Recognition for Wildfire Preparedness (100 KB PDF) – Feb. 13, 2020
SLV Wildfire Risk Map
Are your home and property at risk of wildfire?
Find out by clicking the image below to view the Community Planning Assistance for Wildfire’s interactive map of the San Luis Valley.