The Colorado State Forest Service strives to cultivate and sustain an organizational environment that promotes the development and retention of the core skills needed to achieve our strategic priorities and delivery of programs.
The Colorado State Forest Service (CSFS) is a service and outreach agency of the Warner College of Natural Resources at Colorado State University. In addition to our state office on the CSU Foothills Campus in Fort Collins, the CSFS maintains 19 field offices throughout Colorado. Our professional staff offer Colorado citizens an easily accessible source of technical forestry assistance and educational outreach.
Together with other natural resource organizations, CSFS provides comprehensive support for the care of our natural environment. This exchange of technical assistance and information among cooperating organizations ensures the commitment to a common goal — future forests that will provide benefits.
Current Employment Openings
Forestry Communications Specialist in Fort Collins, Colo.
No openings at this time. Please check back later.
Seasonal Forester (3 positions) at the Colorado State Forest Field Office in Gould, Colo.
Overview of Career Opportunities with the CSFS
Our Staff Include
- Staff foresters and other support staff
- Administrative staff
- Seasonal foresters and internships
- Information about the status of your application for a current CSFS posting: Sarah Badding (970) 491-7293
- Questions about verification of employment for a current CSFS employee: CSU Human Resource Services – Payroll Office (970) 491-MyHR (6947)
- Information about careers in forestry: Sarah Badding (970) 491-7293
- Information about becoming a wildland firefighter: click here