Rooted in Science. Driven by Collaboration.
The 2020 Colorado Forest Action Plan is the road map to improving forest health across Colorado.
Created by the Colorado State Forest Service and its many partners, this in-depth analysis of forest trends offers solutions and guidance for improving forest health and ensuring our forests — and the resources they provide — persevere for future generations.
Our forests play a vital role in what makes Colorado special. Forests provide:
- Habitat for Colorado’s abundant wildlife
- Clean air
- Clean water for Colorado residents, 18 other states and Mexico
- Forest products that support local economies
- World-renowned recreation opportunities
- Carbon sequestration that helps mitigate climate change
Colorado’s forests shape our state’s economic and social character, so investing in their health is crucial to make sure our state lives up to its well-deserved “Colorful Colorado” nickname. This Forest Action Plan will ensure the CSFS and its partners make those investments where they will make the most difference.