The act of planting a tree benefits current and future generations.
The Benefits of Colorado Trees
Trees are invaluable for the many direct and indirect benefits we derive from them, they help to:
- Provide food and shelter for wildlife
- Protect snow pack and watersheds
- Help purify our lakes and streams
- Hold soil in place to prevent erosion
- Protect livestock from inclement weather
- Act as living snow fences, keeping critical roadways passable
- Reduce energy consumption by deflecting cold winter winds and providing shade on summer days.
- Turn drab vistas into beautiful landscapes with their natural forms and colors
Learn About Colorado Trees
- Colorado’s Major Tree Species
- Planting Trees for Conservation
- Selecting, Planting & Caring for Trees
- What is a Tree? How Does it Work?
- What is Wrong with my Tree?