The Colorado State Forest Service strives to cultivate and sustain an organizational environment that promotes the development and retention of the core skills needed to achieve our strategic priorities and delivery of programs.
The Colorado State Forest Service (CSFS) is a service and outreach agency of the Warner College of Natural Resources (WCNR) at Colorado State University. In addition to our state headquarters located on the CSU Foothills Campus in Fort Collins, the CSFS maintains 19 district and field offices throughout Colorado. Our professional staff offer Colorado citizens an easily accessible source of technical forestry assistance and educational outreach.
Together with other natural resource organizations, CSFS provides comprehensive support for the care of our natural environment. This exchange of technical assistance and information among cooperating organizations ensures the commitment to a common goal — future forests that will provide benefits.
Current Employment Openings
Forester (termed) — located in Golden, Colo.
Assistant District Forester — located in Franktown, Golden, Grand Junction and Woodland Park, Colo.
Forestry Inventory & Analysis (FIA) Crew Leader — located in Fort Collins, Canon City, Gunnison Colo., and Sheridan, Wyo.
Forestry Inventory & Analysis (FIA) Crew Leader (2-year) — located in Fort Collins, Grand Junction, Colo., and Sheridan, Wyo.
No openings at this time. Please check back later.
Colorado State Forest Seasonal Forester — four positions in Gould, CO
Overview of Career Opportunities with the CSFS
Our Staff Include
- Staff foresters and other support staff
- Administrative staff
- Seasonal foresters and internships
- Information about the status of your application for a current CSFS posting: Sarah Badding (970) 491-7293
- Questions about verification of employment for a current CSFS employee: CSU Human Resource Services – Payroll Office (970) 491-MyHR (6947)
- Information about careers in forestry: Sara Colorosa (970) 491-8726
- Information about becoming a wildland firefighter: click here