The Forest Action Plan (Colorado Statewide Forest Resource Assessment & Strategy) was initiated in response to a mandate from the U.S. Forest Service (USFS) and contained in the Forestry Title of the 2008 Farm Bill (P.L. 110-234). The assessment and strategy were developed under the leadership of the Colorado State Forest Service and in accordance with national direction issued jointly by the USFS and the National Association of State Foresters (NASF).
For questions or comments regarding the action plan, please contact:
Colorado State Forest Service
A Foundation for Strategic Discussion and Implementation of Forest Management in Colorado
The Colorado Statewide Forest Resource Assessment is the first geospatial assessment completed by the Colorado State Forest Service. This report contains the complete set of data used to inform the assessment, as well as the process we followed and a list of the people we engaged.
It also contains information about Colorado’s forest types and ownership, a brief history of forest uses in Colorado and actions we can take to address priority needs.
The objective of the assessment is to provide a spatial overview of Colorado’s forests and display areas in the state where resources are best focused to achieve desired future conditions.
Forest Action Plan
Assessment Table of Contents
- Executive Summary
- Overview of Colorado’s Forests
- Opportunities for Positive Management Action
- Priority Landscapes / Emphasis Areas for Colorado
- Steering Team Members and Other Participants
- Outreach Presentations and Workshops
- Appendix A. National Guidance for Statewide Assessments and Strategies
- Additional Appendices B through I – Not included in the main report
- Appendix A. National Guidance for Statewide Assessments and Strategies (463 KB PDF)
- Appendix B. Data Methods and Sources (4.5 MB PDF)
- Appendix C. Data Gaps (269 KB PDF)
- Appendix D. Spatial Analysis Project (19.5 MB PDF)
- Appendix E. Forest Legacy Assessment of Need (1.2 MB PDF)
- Appendix F. Forest Industry Profile (585 KB PDF)
- Appendix G. Departure from Modeled Historical Conditions (1.3 MB PDF)
- Appendix H. Urban Influence Areas (1.4 MB PDF)
- Appendix I. Colorado Wildlife Action Plan (8.7 MB PDF)