What is the Colorado Forest Products™ Program?
The Colorado Forest Products™ (CFP) Program is a companion campaign to Colorado Proud™ and results in increased awareness about Colorado’s forest and wood products industry by:
- Promoting the use of Colorado wood in new and existing markets
- Encouraging the development of businesses dedicated to the use of Colorado wood
- Educating Colorado citizens on the economic, environmental and social consequences that imported wood has on our state’s economy
- Informing consumers about the benefits of buying wood products from Colorado growers, manufacturers and retailers
More than 140 businesses in our state manufacture products made from Colorado wood.
To join CFP™, members must certify that at least 50 percent of all wood products produced are derived from public or private forests in Colorado as a result of forest management activities. There is no cost to join the program. Members receive:
- A trademarked digital membership logo for use on marketing materials, website and products packaging, etc.
- A no-cost listing of their business in the Colorado Forest Products™ database
- Access to technical and business assistance from the Colorado Wood Utilization and Marketing business consultants and staff
- Up-to-date information about news and events going on around the state
Current CFP™ Members
- Private landownwers
- Fuel and firewood producers
- sawmill owners and operators
- Specialty wood product producers
- Colorado native tree dealers
- Wood products retailers