CWSF Biochar Market Analysis – The main objective of this project is to provide a comprehensive outlook of the potential of biochar development within the western region of the U.S in a question-and-answer format. The report (PDF from CWSF) also touches on economic and regulatory incentives and barriers to biochar production and use.
Mass Timber Market Analysis – This analysis (PDF from the Oregon Department of Forestry) summarizes:
- Recent and future demands for mass timber
- Existing and planned manufacturing facilities
- Suppliers of mass timber products
- Existing and planned projects
- Lumber supply and demand, etc.
Forest Utilization Network: Success Stories 2020 is a new publication from CWSF that features utilization success stories from across the West highlighting the efforts of state forestry agencies to build new markets for timber and non-timber forest products.
CoWood’s Forest Business Loan Fund is featured in the Colorado section of the publication.
Taken together, the stories show the innovation and ingenuity at work across the region, from biochar on the Great Plains to jet fuel in the Pacific Northwest.
Mobile Biochar Demonstration – In 2019, FUN hosted on-site demonstrations of a mobile biochar production technology from Ragnar Original Innovation to help address a range of woody debris waste streams, such as:
- Slash piles from forest harvesting operations
- Residues from sawmill processing
- Urban and community forestry activities
Contact Tim Reader for information on the Forest Utilization Network.