CWSF Biochar Market Analysis – The main objective of this project is to provide a comprehensive outlook of the potential of biochar development within the western region of the U.S in a question-and-answer format. The report (PDF from CWSF) also touches on economic and regulatory incentives and barriers to biochar production and use.
Mass Timber Market Analysis – This analysis (PDF from the Oregon Department of Forestry) summarizes:
- Recent and future demands for mass timber
- Existing and planned manufacturing facilities
- Suppliers of mass timber products
- Existing and planned projects
- Lumber supply and demand, etc.
Mobile Biochar Demonstration – In 2019, FUN hosted on-site demonstrations of a mobile biochar production technology from Ragnar Original Innovation to help address a range of woody debris waste streams, such as:
- Slash piles from forest harvesting operations
- Residues from sawmill processing
- Urban and community forestry activities
Contact Tim Reader for information on the Forest Utilization Network.