Durango Field Office
The Durango Field Office of the Colorado State Forest Service (CSFS) is one of 17 field offices in Colorado. We are a service and outreach agency of the Warner College of Natural Resources at Colorado State University (CSU). The CSFS state office is on the CSU Foothills Campus in Fort Collins.
Our mission is to achieve stewardship of Colorado’s diverse forest environments for the benefit of present and future generations.
The Durango Field Office is staffed by four full-time foresters, a statewide marketing & utilization forester, an inventory forester responsible for conducting the Forest Inventory and Analysis Program in southwestern Colorado, and an administrative assistant.
- Drought amplifies beetle damage to Colorado’s forests – Durango Herald, March 17, 2022
- Arbor Day 2021: 10 ‘moon trees’ land in Durango – Durango Herald, April 23, 2021
- Landowners urged to be proactive to prevent wildfires – Durango Herald, June 28, 2019
- Home Ignition Zone Guide (2.7 MB PDF) – prepare your home for wildfire and create defensible space
- 2022 CSFS Southwest Forestry Contractor/Service Provider List (200 KB PDF)
- Forest Ag Electronic Forms