Golden Field Office
The Golden Field Office has assisted the Colorado Division of Parks and Wildlife for more than 30 years in maintaining healthy forests, reducing wildfire hazards and improving wildlife habitat on local properties such as the Golden Gate Canyon State Park, Mt. Evans State Wildlife Area and Staunton State Park. The office also assists Denver Mountain Parks, the Denver Water Board and Jefferson County Open Space through forest management activities on these locally owned public lands.
We support private landowners efforts to manage their forestlands through forest stewardship planning, insect and disease detection and control, and technical support and inspections for more than 160 forest agriculture properties.
We have been active in wildland-urban interface concerns for more than 20 years and continues to assist county planners and private developers review and implement wildfire mitigation plans for subdivisions, to help private landowners plan their defensible space activities around homesites, and to facilitate community wildfire planning and fuels reduction activities.
- Colorado Post-Fire Playbook (13.1 MB PDF)
- Insects and Diseases Associated with Forest Fires (347 KB PDF)
- Replanting in Burn Areas: Tips for Safety and Success (730 KB PDF)
- Soil Erosion Control after Wildfire (6 MB PDF)
- Vegetative Recovery after Wildfire (188 KB PDF)
- Restoring Colorado’s Forests Fund (200 KB PDF)