Proudly serving Gunnison and Hinsdale counties
PO Box 1390
Mountain Meadows Research Center
106 Maintenance Drive
Gunnison, CO 81230
FAX (970) 641-0653
News & Resources
- To be placed on our mailing list, please email us at CSFS_Gunnison@mail.colostate.edu.
- 2018 Gunnison Conservation Seedling Tree Order Form (2 MB PDF)
- 2017 Report on the Health of Colorado’s Forests (2.2 MB PDF)
- Hinsdale County Deputy Emergency Manager Receives CSFS Award (300 KB PDF)
- Douglas-fir Beetle Quick Guide (600 KB PDF)
- Natural Resources Grants & Assistance Database
- Upper Gunnison Basin Map
The Gunnison Field Office of the Colorado State Forest Service (CSFS) is one of 19 field offices in Colorado. We are a service and outreach agency of the Warner College of Natural Resources at Colorado State University (CSU). The CSFS state office is on the CSU Foothills Campus in Fort Collins.
Our mission is to achieve stewardship of Colorado’s diverse forest environments for the benefit of present and future generations.
The Colorado State Forest Service offers technical assistance and information to private landowners and homeowners interested in becoming good stewards of the natural resources on their land. We do not manage campgrounds, have jurisdiction over public lands or sell recreational licenses.