The Forest Business Loan Fund provides community-based financial lending capital to support forest and wood products businesses and compliments traditional grant programs.
Funding and Financial Partner
Colorado State Forest Service (CSFS) Loan Policies (230 KB PDF)
Utilization & Marketing Forester
The Forest Business Loan Fund (FBLF), established by Colorado House Bill 09-1199 (HB-1199), provides lending capital to businesses that “harvest, remove, use, and market beetle-killed and other timber taken from private, federal, state, county, or municipal forestlands as part of wildfire risk reduction or fuels mitigation treatment.” The purpose of the FBLF is to help retain forest-based businesses, maintain and/or increase local jobs, and contribute to the stability of local economies.
- A business must be for profit. State and local governments as well as community and non-profit organizations are not eligible.
- A business must have a physical address within Colorado.
- A business must “harvest, remove, use, and market beetle-killed and other timber taken from private, federal, state, county, or municipal forestlands as part of wildfire risk reduction or fuels mitigation treatment.”
The Application Process
- Complete and submit the CSFS Business Loan Fund Application Worksheet (50 KB DOCX) and submit attachment via email to Tim Reader at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Schedule and participate in an onsite technical and financial review with CSFS Business Loan Fund staff
- Prepare and submit all required application materials to CSFS and its contracted lending partners
Successful Candidates Should Demonstrate
- Ability to meet the legislative intent
- Technical and financial merit
- Business operational history
- Ability to retain or create jobs
- Rural community economic stability