Proudly Serving the San Luis Valley, including Alamosa, Conejos, Costillo, Mineral, Rio Grande and Saguache Counties
The Alamosa District of the Colorado State Forest Service (CSFS) is one of 16 districts and three field offices located throughout Colorado. We are a service and outreach agency of the Warner College of Natural Resources at Colorado State University (CSU). The CSFS headquarters is located on the CSU Foothills Campus in Fort Collins.
Our mission is to achieve stewardship of Colorado's diverse forest environments for the benefit of present and future generations.
The Alamosa District Office is currently staffed by two full-time foresters. We offer technical assistance in forest management, tree insects and diseases, wildfire mitigation training, windbreaks and snowfences, and other programs.
We are located in Alamosa near the intersection of Hwy 285 and CO 17.
Adam Moore - District Forester
P.O. Box 1137
129-A Santa Fe
Alamosa, CO 81101-1137
(719) 587-0915, (719) 587-0917
FAX (719) 587-0916
- Rio Grande National Forest/BLM (719) 852-5941
- State Land Board (719) 589-2360
- San Luis Valley Office of Colorado State University Extension (719) 852-7381 or Email email@example.com
- Great Sand Dunes National Park & Preserve (719) 378-6300
- Colorado Parks & Wildlife (719) 587-6900
- U.S. Fish & Wildlife Service (719) 589-4021