Insects and diseases can pose serious threats to a forest’s health. Our foresters monitor insect and disease activity and trends, and respond to emerging threats to our communities’ forests.
Granby Field Office – Insects & Diseases
Common Insect & Disease Concerns
If your questions cannot be resolved with the information provided, please contact the Granby Field Office.
Foresters are available for site visits to look at specific insect or disease concerns on your property.
- Aspen and Popular Leaf Spots (203 KB PDF)
- Cytospora Canker (87 KB PDF)
- Poplar Borer (115 KB PDF)
- Oystershell Scale (78 KB PDF)
- Aspen Scale (305 KB PDF)
- Sudden Aspen Decline (2.3 MB PDF)
- Common Piñon Pine Pests Fact Sheet (297 KB PDF)